Child support is a payment made by a non-custodial parent to provide child with a necessary sum of money. The parent is compelled to pay the child maintenance by the trial after the marriage is over. The one who pays the child support is called an obligor. The one who gets it – an obligee, usually this role belongs to a custodial parent.
Child support is payed from a non-custodial parent to a custodial one
What is required from a lawyer?
A family lawyer who deals with the child support issues has to:
• Possess a thorough knowledge of civil litigation. Your attorney is supposed to know all the aspects connected with family law, i.g. child support issues;
• Prepare legal pleadings and records. Your lawyer protects your interests on the court, so he is supposed to represent them;
• Calculate an amount of money. Different states do not have the same guidelines for a sum of the child support payments;
What is taken into account?
The calculations made for the payment are made according to:
• An income of an obligor;
• An obligee’s assets ;
• Expenses for medical care;
• Child’s age;
• Everyday expenses;
What are you required to tell a lawyer?
• Discuss with a child support attorney what arrangements you have with your ex-spouse. In case of non-payment the child maintenance payments, you will be supposed to represent these arrangements on the court;
• Show your personal financial information. It will be used during the calculation of the amount of child support;
• Bring all the divorce and child custody documents;
• Feel free to ask the questions you are concerned about.
Where to seek an attorney?
• Use special web sites intended to help you find a lawyer. Usually these sites upload all the necessary information related to the lawyer’s professional skills and qualities.
• Turn to your local association bar. These organizations provide with the legal help and will consult you through the phone.
How to understand that the lawyer is right for you
• Do not fall for an advertisement. No matter how well-made it is, such qualities as professionalism, education and a good knowledge must be on the top of the list of your demands.
• Objectiveness and analysis. The lawyer’s task is to evaluate your case from different sides. The lawyer is not supposed to agree with on every matter, but he should direct you by explaining what is right to do.
• Consult the reviews on your lawyer. The one who is praised for his professionalism and won cases is more likely to win yours than the one who was accused of unprofessionalism.
Domestic violence is a form of abuse which takes place in a domestic setting, i.g. marriage or cohabitation. The domestic violence can be either physical or emotional and may involve one of the spouses and/or other members of the family. In most cases the victims of domestic violence are women and children.
In case domestic violence occurs, it is necessary to identify the BMW syndrome
Domestic violence may take different forms such as physical aggression or assault, sexual abuse, controlling, intimidation, stalking or economic deprivation. All the forms of domestic violence may cause deep emotional and mental problems. The most common mental disorder is a battered women’s syndrome. Battered women’s syndrome
Battered women’s syndrome is a disorder that is aroused by a long-term abuse. The condition is dangerous as it leads to a psychological paralysis. The victim believes that all the assault actions performed by abuser are her fault. She keeps hiding the fact of the domestic violence, believing that the assault will finally stop. The woman finds herself trapped in this situation because she believes there is no way for her to escape the attacks. Even though such fears are mostly irrational, for the victim they are real.
The battered women’s syndrome develops in three phases:
• The first phase is when the abuser starts creating an atmosphere of tension in a family.
• The situation comes in the second phase when the abuser starts committing forms of abuse, either physical or psychological. This phase becomes an endless state for a victim.
• The third phase, also known as a honeymoon stage. The abuser understands his fault and apologizes. The victim forgives him and the cycle of abuse starts again.
The cycle is constantly continued and the woman starts believing that she is unable to stop it. The victim is sure that everything happening is her fault and her state grows into a learned helplessness. As the woman is convinced in her helplessness the syndrome keeps developing.
How to recognize the BMW syndrome?
• The woman believes she is in charge of everything happening.
• The woman refuses to put the blame on her abuser.
• She is afraid for her and her children’s safety.
• The woman thinks she will be punished by an abuser if she turns to police.
The signs of BMW syndrome my also include depression when the victim is no more eager about the things she used to enjoy. The victim is also likely to start overconsuming alcohol or even become a drug addict.
A help of domestic violence lawyers
Laws for the domestic violence are changeable due to an unstable attitude of society to a domestic violence. The laws depend upon the values and historical habits that are normal for a particular society. This is the reason why the situation the victim might have experienced is not necessarily considered as a crime by law. However it may fall under other laws close the particular situation. That is why it is important to find a domestic violence lawyer who will find a solution.
Criminal law attorneysare often accused of protecting the criminals. In fact they help all the suspects who find themselves in such difficult situations to have a right of being considered innocent until their quilt is proved. Criminal defense attorneyis a specialist who represents his or her clients whose case involves serious crime such as murder, rape, fraud, thievery etc. Due to a necessity of dealing with severe cases the specialist of this kind has to be thoroughly knowledgeable of criminal law.
Why do you need a criminal attorney on court?
The criminal attorney is the one who represents your interests and who is responsible for arrangement of your deal. On court a convicted has a choice. On the one hand, he or she can deny having committed the crime. In this case, the criminal defense lawyer will make everything possible to represent the client on court with a view to protecting his or her interests. On the other hand the convicted may choose a plea bargain, to admit having committed the crime with a hope of mitigating the sentence.
Classification and a difference between attorneys
The two types of attorneys are private and public ones. Private lawyers are paid by clients and given a choice whether to take a client under his or her protection. Public defenders usually do not have this privilege.The difference also lies in a salary. Private attorneys have a higher wage than public defenders do.
How should I find a lawyer?
The ways of finding a crime lawyercan be different. It is up to you to decide whether searching through the Internet or consulting your family and friends is the most effective. Another option is to contact your local BAR association in order to get some information about criminal attorneysand get a phone consultation. Phone lines of law firms also come in handy in this situation. Beside all this it is a good idea to use Google search for this need. Law firms often prefer uploading profiles of their attorneys with full information about them.
Specialization is a must
Criminal defense lawyers just as many other specialists may be very different. If you were caught with drugs, find the one who specializes on drug law. In you are accused of drunk driving, find a DUI attorney. A specialist in a certain sphere will help you sooner than the general criminal defense lawyers. Someattorneys might specialize in a few different areas of criminal laws. However it is not a good idea to hire a lawyer who has mostly been specializing in one particular thing more than in those which you need.
What to look at during an arrangement?
First you should make a list of your potential attorneys. After that it is time to meet all them and discuss your problem. In case with private attorneys not only a client but also a lawyer have to think whether the case is worth taking.Private ones may ask for a fee for their consultation while public defenders always consult for free. Apart from making a list of attorneys, it is useful to prepare a list of questions you may be interested in. First of all it will be necessary to ask him or her about their educational background and experience.